Welcome to Willow Class (Reception / Year 1 & 2)
Our staff are:
- Mrs Lauren Dominick (Class Teacher)
- Miss Lucy Hinch (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Michelle Briggs (Higher Level Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Kim Martin (1:1 Teaching Assistant)
Willow Class Homework and Spellings
Mathematics: Children receive weekly Maths homework which reinforces the current unit of work being taught in class. In addition to this pupils have online access to Mathletics and Times Tables Rockstars to access electronically using their personalised logins.
Spellings: Year 1 and 2 children will receive a termly spelling list this week. Each week their spellings should be practised at home ready for the spelling test on a Friday afternoon. Please note the spelling lists and practice book are to be kept at home and do not need to be sent to School. Reception children will not receive weekly spellings as it is not a curriculum requirement, however a phonics booklet will be sent home for the half term to support children in their identification of Set 1 phonics sounds and enable them to develop their letter formation.
Reading – please ensure that you listen to your child read regularly (at least 3 times per week) and don’t forget to sign their reading record, so your child can get their all important sticker! Rewards are given for the following…. 25 stickers = a certificate, 50 stickers = a pencil, 75 stickers = a badge and a full bookmark earns a book. Awards are given out during our Celebration assemblies on Thursdays.
Topic homework activities are set per term and are linked to our current topic. Children are asked to complete at least 1 activity (Year 1 and 2) or more if they wish. In previous years children have been encouraged to bring their challenge homework into School to share with the class, however due to current restrictions we are asking that parents submit photographs or videos of their child’s homework via Tapestry, Microsoft Teams Class page, email or Facebook messenger. For each piece of homework completed the children will earn effort stickers. Please see below for our current homework challenges.
Autumn Term 1 2021
- Willow Class Curriculum Newsletter Autumn Term 1 2021
- Willow Class Autumn Term Challenge Homework 2021
- Year 1 Spellings
- Year 2 Spellings
Summer Term 2 2021
- Class 1 Weekly Timetable Summer Term 2 2021
- Class 1 Challenge Homework Summer Term 2 2021
- Class 1 Curriculum Newsletter Summer Term 2 2021
Summer Term 1 2021
- Class 1 Timetable Summer Term 2021
- Class 1 Challenge Homework Summer Term 1 2021
- Class 1 Curriculum Newsletter Summer Term 1 2021
- Year 1 Spellings Summer Term 1 2021
- Year 2 Spellings Summer Term 1 2021
Autumn Term 2 2020
- Class 1 Timetable Autumn Term 2 2020
- Class 1 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn Term 2 2020
- Class 1 Challenge Homework Autumn Term 2
Autumn Term 1 2020
- Class 1 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn Term 1 2020
- Class 1 Challenge Homework Autumn 1 2020
- Year 1 Spellings Autumn 1 2020
- Year 2 Spellings Autumn 1 2020
Long Term Overview
- Thursday (pm) with Robbie
- Friday – Outdoor Learning – Please bring your wellies!
Useful English / Phonics Information
Please see ‘Our Term Work’ sections for previous topic overviews
Please select the links below to view what we learned during our School Terms:
- Autumn Term 2017
- Spring Term 2018
- Summer Term 2018
Archived Class Work
You can also view archived class work on our website.
Follow us on Facebook
You can see the class curriculum in action. View our images and class news on Facebook
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.