Statement of intent
At Ingleton C of E Primary School, we are committed to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
In school we already use the Jigsaw PSHE programme which focuses on the mindfulness philosophy.
They have produced a recovery package for schools to use and has been particularly useful in supporting our pupils return to school after lock down. It focuses on the following:
- Welcome back and establishing the safe environment (including new Covid safety rules and routines)
- Understanding the coronavirus and how to stay safe and well
- Reconnecting with friends
- Belonging and feeling safe at school
- Managing worries and fears
- Being positive and looking forward to learning
- Gratitude and appreciation
- Loss and bereavement
- Nurturing health and wellbeing
Please click on the link below for a range of both local and national support helplines.
Useful Online Resources