The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
We work closely with agencies with Durham Local Authority. We can easily access agencies such as:
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology
- Speech and Language
- School Nurse
- Emotional and Wellbeing
We also work with agencies within Darlington Local Authority at times, eg, when a child in our school is a resident in that authority.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.